Home » 2 Genre Comp Reflection

2 Genre Comp Reflection

Arfaduzzaman Kashem

Professor Wernick

ENGL 11000-5BC2

5th of December 2021

Post Essay Reflection: 2 Genre Paper 

This assignment was a lot more tough for me to attack. At first I didn’t know how to go about it. I felt that my topic is very analytical and statistics research. So how could I go about and fit it into 2 different genres. I put myself in a box and was trapped.  Then I really looked at it and I chose the genres of  Speech, and Fiction.  Speech was the easier out of the two. That’s because like I stated my topic is very related to facts and research so it goes hand in hand with speech. I gave some points talking about crypto currency again.  Speech was easy enough to get through. The hard part of my assignment was trying to figure out how Crypto currency and cryptography fits into the genre of fiction. This was a very hard part for me. Everything I looked at online was full of science fiction novels that all just predicted crypto currency. That wouldn’t be fair for me to reference and write in that way because I live in a world where it already exists. The time the authors wrote about this notion of crypto currency, they lived in a world where it seemed to be impossible like flying cars for instance. So then I really had to think.  After some time thinking about how crypto currency fits into the genre of fiction it suddenly hit me. The whole idea of crypto if you think about it is fiction. There’s nothing physical to it. There is no real coin. It’s all in the device that we use daily. It really isn’t something real like a bike or even the paper money we use. It’s like a modern day fairytale. So then I used that narrative to make the topic of crypto currency fit into the genre of  Fiction.